Polyurea is one of the coatings we use at Concrete Coatings of Minnesota — and it also happens to be one of the most advanced coatings around. Polyurea is resistant to salt, oil, gas, and other harsh chemicals you might find in a garage. Because Polyurea is also 98% more flexible than epoxies used by home repair kits, it doesn’t crack or peel under the natural movement of concrete that comes with our climate.
Polyurea has been used in industrial and commercial applications for more than 25 years. You can find Polyurea in pipe coatings, water treatment plants, and the sealing found in pick-up truck beds.
We know that your time is valuable, and the quick curing time of our Polyuera also means that your life can go on with minimal interruptions. Many jobs can be completed and “car ready” while you are at work.
Not only does Polyurea protect and repair your garage floor, it’s also a sustainable, eco-friendly way to get the job done. Our Polyurea boasts some of the most eco-friendly Polyurea coatings on the market.
- Easy To Clean
- Limited to Zero Bacteria Build
- Green, low VOCs
- Chemical Resistant
- Rapid Cure
Polyaspartics and Polyurea Basics
Polyureas are the actual coating, while Polyaspartics are an enhancer. Polyureas are already steps above the quality of polyurethanes and polyaspartics are exceptionally resistant to corrosion and wear. When you choose a Polyurea / Polyaspartic floor, you’ll see a variety of benefits:
Many polyurethanes on the market today are enhanced with the addition of polyaspartics. Polyureas are steps above the quality of polyurethanes. Proper blending of Polyaspartics with a Polyurea create the ultimate, tightly linked coating.
This becomes a significant feature. Tightly linked chemicals significantly reduce surface scratches. Benefits of using this type of coating include:
- Easy to Keep Clean – Coatings with weak links develop frayed edges, trapping dirt and moisture. This creates a perpetually dirty floor, but worse, creates unhealthy levels of bacteria. When cleaning a Polyurea / Polyaspartic floor, dirt and potential bacteria are removed, which is why they are an ideal floor coating for medical and kennel facilities. The lack of dirt and bacteria buildup results in less abrasion and extended long-term performance.
- Resistance to Chemicals – In cold climates like ours, salts are easily tracked into garages, retail stores, restaurants, medical facilities, and industrial spaces. Not only will Polyurea / Polyaspartic coatings resist road salt corrosion, but they can also be applied vertically over cove moldings. This process creates a totally seamless basin. Floors can be easily cleaned without the possibility of water and salts getting under walls.
- Controlled Moisture – Many coatings merely stick to the floor’s surface. Coatings that stick to the surface are vulnerable to moisture vapor pressure and salts inherent in concrete, resulting in chipping and delamination. Polyurea / Polyaspartics cap off tiny air holes and veins in concrete, making it almost impossible for moisture vapor to move upwards. This feature results in a waterproof room with dry, healthy air quality.
- Customized to Meet Your Needs -- Polyurea is not your typical one-size-fits-all coating. For a quick cure in cold weather, for example, we can increase the Polyaspartic content. We can also apply numerous coats in a single day with return to service the next day. This means application around work schedules and no need to shut down for days or weeks. For remodels and new construction, rapid cure means quicker application without holding up other trades. This becomes a valuable, money-saving application.
- Decorative – Our product starts clear and can be applied over stained concrete, or color packs with decorative chips can be added. Decorative chips come in various sizes, colors, and styles. The look of terrazzo or quartz can be created. You can create simple one-color schemes or customize multi colored designs. Graphic inlays, with a choice of a company logo or any custom graphic design, can also be applied.